Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Night at the Dykes

Posted by Britt

So we had a late afternoon game on Friday aginst some curlers from Utica, the host club. We won a tight match and advanced to play this afternoon at 5 PM. So your first question should be, why am I hearing about this win so late. Well the answer is simple...I was drunk. We all were drunk, except for David who does not drink. But I digress, we had a blast at the banquet, the prime rib was excellent and the company was fabulous. Its amazing how even the most competitive of teams will relax at thebanquet and just have a good time. It really made for a wonderful evening.

That leads me to today. We had a 5 PM draw against Rochester who had to win at 11:30 today just to get to us. The game was great, they curler fabulusly, we did not curl as well. We made a greta match of it but in the end fell short in the C division quarterfinals. I must say they were a great bunch of guys and I've always had no problem losing to a superior team, and tonight they were dead on and we faltered a bit. My shots in particular were poor, but at this point we were 2-2 as a first year entry into this tourney and we'd already had a blast.

I cannot encourage you first, second, fourth years enough to get out of Bridgeport and go on the road. While we represented Nutmeg valiantly, I cannot help but think we could have done so much more with another team or two out here and having curled with so many of you over my three years, I can honestly tell you that you guys are as good as anyone out here this weekend. Not to mention, its a tremendous party and a great time. Now I know they picked a terrible weekend to have this event, Valentine's Day is never th best time for a male only event, but next year, we here in Utica sincerely hope you'll come out with us. We have already discussed keeping this team together for at least another year and would love the company. I think we have one of the best clubs around and its time we shared the good times we have with the rest of the GNCC. Ok, I'm done and its time for more drinking, we'll see you all soon. -Britt

1 comment:

  1. Britt -
    I enjoyed reading your blog. Just found it now, after reading Jeff's Nutmeg blog. Sounds like you guys did great and had a great time. Proud to have you out there flying the Nutmeg flag.
    Charrissa

    ReplyDelete